One Norwegian Alaskan in Madison.




E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



::in a little girl's voice::

Umm...hi. I'm sowwy I haven't been around much, but I hafta do homework and stuff. They keep telling me to do all these things, and it's hard! But I'm hiding out in the language lab, uhh, in da liberry, and I don't think they can find me here. I hope not.

So about these polls that keep popping up, portending the possiblity of an "Election 2000: Part Deux"...are they serious? Are half the pollees really going to vote for Bush? Are they crazy? Do they not remember the last four years? Can they not imagine the next four years if they turn into 51% (or better yet, 49% with all the necessary electoral votes...)?

Here's my dream list of what I'm looking for in my President:
  1. Intelligence.
  2. Good will. In general.
  3. Good will toward other people on this planet, not just those in this country.
  4. Good will toward science. And money toward it too.
  5. The ability to speak more than one language, cause this country is multilingual, ya know...
  6. An awareness of what has gone on, what is going on, and what is likely to go on.
  7. A willingness and sense of obligation to reevaluate him/herself and their beliefs/actions every so often.
  8. A value of responsible, intelligent flexibility rather than "consistency", which can be frighteningly close-minded, especially when combined with the conviction that one cannot possibly be wrong.
  9. A surname that doesn't lend itself so easily to bad jokes. And a record that doesn't encourage me to enjoy those jokes so much.

Arr! It's so easy to bob about in my little Seattle bubble. Where are you, Bush supporters? Speak! Tell me why I should reconsider my position. Argue your side. Hello? Where are you, 49%?


3 Responses to “”

  1. Anonymous Anonymous 

    They're dead. I killed them all. :B

  2. Blogger Imaginer 

    Come to Montana, you'll find them in DROVES!!!

  3. Anonymous Anonymous 

    Forget Montana, go a little east...North Bend, or Ellensberg. When you enter Seattle there's a little man sayin "Welcome to Intelligence Island"

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • Homebase Madison, Wisconsin
  • I was raised in Alaska, am the shortest person in my family, and I can wiggle my ears.
  • My profile
    This plugin requires Adobe Flash 9.

Archives