One Norwegian Alaskan in Madison.



Why yes, a cuppa really would hit the spot...


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Bah! Tis cold outside. I sense the beginning of a trend here. Some might call it "fall".

Instead of venturing outside, I advise reading this and having a good laugh. And then perhaps implementing a few of the well-intentioned suggestions. Now that I think about it, my Platypus hiking water bladder would be ideal for Suggestion #7 ... just top off and elevate.

Kathleen moves in tomorrow morning bright and early, for which I'm infinitely grateful. The degree of bachelorettehood I slip to when I live by myself is impressive, and needs to be curtailed. Really, the floor wasn't meant to double as my closet. Nor should the dishes in the sink be giving rise to new life.

I blame the cold, personally. It makes me want to hole up in sweats and fluffy socks with a fleece blanket and my internet, ignoring everything save the cat. All I want to do is eat bread products and listen to Madonna and Molotov, a weird combination on a warm day.

The next few days should shock me out of my semi-stupor: with Kathleen coming on Friday, Rena moving in this weekend, and Lindsey moving into her new apartment and stopping by on Sunday, I'll be rousted out just in time for classes to begin on Wednesday. I should buy my books, eh? But first I shall set about on a few minor tasks:
  1. make like I do the dishes, and scrub
  2. clear off Rena's bed so she can...umm...have room to sleep there
  3. remove all evidence of our libation-friendly lifestyle here for the sake of Kathleen's parenthood
  4. brave the rain to go check out the new (to me) postmodern library downtown

Right then, I've got it all planned out. Cheers!



3 Responses to “Why yes, a cuppa really would hit the spot...”

  1. Blogger Sarah 

    It's merely a mild case of capriciousness showing its face...

  2. Blogger Imaginer 

    just avoiding what I really should be doing ;)

  3. Anonymous Anonymous 

    "post-modern library" is a contradiction of terms!!!!

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • Homebase Madison, Wisconsin
  • I was raised in Alaska, am the shortest person in my family, and I can wiggle my ears.
  • My profile
    This plugin requires Adobe Flash 9.

Archives