One Norwegian Alaskan in Madison.



Easter means I can sleep in!


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



I worked for five of the last seven days, went hiking up Little Si with my grandmother and her boyfriend one of the days, and bailed out on her for Easter on the seventh. Shamelessly used my unwitting roommate and her entire family as a foolproof excuse. Am summarily rerouted to Hell.

Earning money was delightful, if a bit monotonous. Ironically, I've now taught contact virgins to put their lenses in more times than I've put them in myself. And yet they continue to pay me. Here's where I state for the record that I refuse to be ungrateful for a job I did no work to get, that lets me work for an awesome doctor. At that point I will throw in the towel and declare myself spoiled. And then I will become a nun.

I was house/feline sitting for my aunt over break while she accompanied her v. British fellow to his motherland. Am proud to say that feline suffers from neither malnourishment nor neglect...too much. Her only recourse for punishing my extreme tardiness most nights was to perch on the foot of the bed the next morning and perform the feline version of Handel's "Messiah" approximately two hours before my alarm was set to go off.

I spent a few nights down at my apartment; on various evenings consumed movies and beer with a kindred spirit, rescued a roommate stranded in the U-district, and took visiting girls out to sushi. This was all made possible by the car my aunt lent me for the week. Have I mentioned how much ass I kick in a manual? Seattle hills have nothing on my brake-to-gas foot skills. Wet Seattle hills with an apparent 30% grade are pushing it (damn Boren), but they still got nothing. Give me an 18-gear behemoth with a split rear axel and I will have it under control in a week, I promise you.

I had the best of intentions to a) run a lot, and b) study o chem a lot this week. Did neither. I got back to my running shoes each night too tired (and lazy) to put them on. Same for the o chem. I basically picked up my o chem textbook, solution manual, and four binders full of notes/exams/evidence of my horrible study habits and let them languish in a new setting for a week. I thought they might like to get out a bit.

Today has rectified all that work-induced sloth, however. I got up in my own bed, ran to Volunteer Park, took care of bills, laundry, shopping, and books, and then went out to Thai with a lovely chica of mine. I even started scholarshipping and called my (previously ditched) grandmother! I don't know what's in the water here, but it's damn good. Got an email from my o chem professor this afternoon, with a 56 page attachment. Holy fuck. He has lost his mind. I now have in my hand the entire content of the next ten weeks. Were I male, my balls would have retreated upward by now. Instead, I'm left here to quake...and go study before class has even commenced. Damn you, Meany!

On a happy ending note, my mom called earlier this week to see what I might like in a surprise Easter gift box. This is amazing because a) my mother never calls me, and b) she never sends gift boxes. I now have an assortment of Clif bars, crosswords, pens, cranberry Kashi, and coffee. My heart is singing, and my stomach is growling. Clif bars are possibly the best breakfast a girl can look forward to...


0 Responses to “Easter means I can sleep in!”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • Homebase Madison, Wisconsin
  • I was raised in Alaska, am the shortest person in my family, and I can wiggle my ears.
  • My profile
    This plugin requires Adobe Flash 9.

Archives