One Norwegian Alaskan in Madison.



Hurly-burly bread is my new best friend


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Many things. Many, many things.

Numero uno. My roommates. I do love them so. One just finished admitting some previously concealed relationship details to the parentals that got pretty emotional, and I respect her for that. We talked afterwards, and while I would suffocate in her family, I kind of envy the close tabs they all let each other keep on...each other. I don't confide in my family. Hell, I didn't really confide in anyone before I got to college and formed the relationships I have now. It's a new thing, and I respect her need to be on the level with her parenthood.

Numero dos. Living wills. My ethics prof gave us each one to fill out at our discretion as we left class this evening. I'm not indecisive about the will itself - I will be filling it out and stuffing it in my freezer (Where all important documents go. Please look there first if I am in a persistant vegetative state.). No, the indecision for me is in which box to check: yes or no for life support in the event that I'm hanging in there while "in a terminal condition or in a permanent unconscious condition". I'm leaning strongly toward no life support, but I'm not ready to sign on it yet. Also, I should get an organ donor card and let my parents know. So should you.

Numero tres. The Shins. My ticket came in the mail today! Sweet, man. Sadly, this will be my first show in a very long time.

Numero cuatro. Chemistry. Specifically, organic chemistry. I'm kicking ass, ladies and gents! I went from zero to badass in about 2 days for the exam I took this morning. At least I think so. More info to come. I'm in lab 20 hours a week these days - that would be all weekday afternoons sacrificed to the Chem Gods. I kinda like it... ;-)

Numero cinco. Sign Language. I'm learning it! I've got an evening ASL class going on over at SCCC, and it's as much about culture as language. My language geek side is in heaven! The next step would be to suck it up and branch into the non-Romance languages...or actually achieve fluency in one of them...

Numero seis. Running. I haven't been. Not since running stairs with my lovely next-door neighbor last week. It's either chemistry or working out, I say. This week it was chemistry. The Bloomsday race is going to hurt, I can tell already.

That is all for now. Thank you for reading thus far. You really have stamina, you know? Props to your mom.


0 Responses to “Hurly-burly bread is my new best friend”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • Homebase Madison, Wisconsin
  • I was raised in Alaska, am the shortest person in my family, and I can wiggle my ears.
  • My profile
    This plugin requires Adobe Flash 9.

Archives