One Norwegian Alaskan in Madison.



Speaking in bubbles


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



I've just this week discovered the wonders of Word's reviewing toolbar.

How can I adequately convey the editing simplicity achieved by this tool? My professor emailed me an edited copy of my research proposal, in which he had gone all out and showed off his Word skills: there were margin bubbles marking additions, deletions, as well as colored/underlined passages to highlight the new additions. This was very impressive.

I was completely sold, however, when I went to make some more changes of my own. My additions showed up not in the underlined red of my professor, but in a lovely, calm blue. To make things better, hovering over a highlighted phrase brought up a bubble with the name of the editor responsible for that change. How rockin' is that?

But wait, there's more!

In addition to tracking old deleted segments in margin bubbles, the reviewing toolbar gave me the option to view the document in four different modes: original, original with markup, final, and final with markup. It's so beautiful! Before choosing whether to accept or decline any of the possible changes made, I could view the document sans all the eye-catching bubbles. No commitment, hassle-free.

I think my inner editor is in love.


0 Responses to “Speaking in bubbles”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • Homebase Madison, Wisconsin
  • I was raised in Alaska, am the shortest person in my family, and I can wiggle my ears.
  • My profile
    This plugin requires Adobe Flash 9.

Archives