One Norwegian Alaskan in Madison.




E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Rena and I got up this morning bright and early for John Kerry. Rumor had it he would be at Pier 62 at 9, so we waded through the rain and got in after standing on the sidewalk for a stretch. Highlight: we were overlooking a small dock and one of the nearest boats was named Tu y Yo. We were ready to move into it right then.

The crowd in front of us had glommed onto the bleachers, so we joined the standers about 20 feet from the podium - seriously, there were only about ten people between us and the pre-President. He was introduced by Congressman Adam Smith, who spoke well and was entertaining/interesting until the rest of the speakers arrived/worked up the courage to get wet.

When Rena told me about the speech last night I was excited to see Kerry speak in person, if only to see what he's like in person. Not a smart vote-decider compared to...you know, policy or the like, but now I can put a voice with all the soundbytes and quotes. So now we've seen him in person and got to hear him deliver what ended up in quotes a few hours later. The most memorable thing he said? That he's aiming for the U.S. to be 20% dependent on alternatives to oil by 2020. It's his main war cry for his environmental stance, and seems a wee bit ambitious, no? It's a great goal, though, and if nothing else, will get us pointed in the right direction, and hopefully open up some more fantastic job opportunities to research alternate energy sources. His timing is perfect! *rubs hands together with delight* Now he must only get elected and carry out these plans. That and further develop his proposals to make college more affordable.


0 Responses to “”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • Homebase Madison, Wisconsin
  • I was raised in Alaska, am the shortest person in my family, and I can wiggle my ears.
  • My profile
    This plugin requires Adobe Flash 9.

Archives