One Norwegian Alaskan in Madison.




E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Hey there! You're awesome for thinking I might have posted something - I decided to surprise everyone by doing so for once! ;-) This weekend has gone by so fast. So very, very fast. And it's been wonderful, for a couple different reasons.

Monday night (this is before the wonderful) I decided to blow off studying for both my physics and orgo tests, because I was wallowing in a minor case of burn out (which I think started at the beginning of this quarter...). Rena had a phys test the next morning as well, and instead of sleeping (since we'd already rationalized not studying), we stayed up till 3 just hanging out together. We figured out we could see our apartment from our window if we lean out a little. That's when the Bastard and the Mezzican saw us, because they were up on 12 studying/leaning out the window too. I love my phys boys. XD

Tuesday was a hell of a day, partly because of Monday night. My breakfast of free Middle Eastern food! from the night before (we didn't really steal it...it was free...) was fantastic, however, because who eats saffron rice and pitas with hummus in the morning, really? That would be me. And who might have done ok on her phys test despite her complete and utter lack of preparation? Me again. Not so for the orgo, however. That one will be dropped. And I won’t make eye contact with my professor when I get it back, either. It doesn't hurt so badly when I don't think about it.

The ResLife guy is a bastard. Ro and I met with him to "discuss" why he won't let us out of our dorm contract. This is the only detail standing between us and our beautiful, perfect apartment - they refuse to let us move out.

His reasoning: We signed a contract to live in the dorms for the entire year, so we're going to pay to live there for the entire year.

Our reasoning: So did Saralita, but they let her out of her contract. And they didn't give us any other choice than to sign the one-year contract, even though we're going to be juniors after this quarter and should be allowed to move out. And we can't afford it anymore, because they went and made the meal plans mandatory. And…and…

So we're working on how to make them let us go (barring committing any major crimes), but since we can't do anymore till Monday, Ro and I aren't stressing about it for the weekend (right?)

Rena reminded me how awesome it is to be in this city. On the way to the train station that night we crossed over I-5 on a bridge further south than we usually use, and the city at night was perfect. So beautiful. I'm going to miss the view from our window - all the glittering lights are like a field of stars below us. I love this city. I felt like I was coming home when I flew in this fall. Note to self: Don't mention that to my mother.

Her family is so eerily like mine sometimes, minus the scary parts. We went shopping Wednesday morning, and I don't know why I never realized my love for Orange Julius back when we had one in the Cottonwood Creek "mall", because it is mmm mmm good. And who loves impulse shopping for high heels? Aww yeah!

I stayed with my Grandma Pat in Tacoma over Thanksgiving - saw the Great grandparents again. They are sweet...and very old...and then on friday I got to put together a Christmas tree with my uncle Tony up in Ballard. So cool! I love those fake trees that look so perfect when you make the branches bend the way you want. We are an awesome tree-decorating team. And in addition, the front lawn is now festooned with a) a million sets of those net lights, b) a lit trellis arch thing that we screwed together, and c) a rediculous row of lit up alternating plastic santas and snowmen. My aunt was...intrigued...when she got home. We might have gone a bit overboard. Maybe. But I love it, seeing as I will completely bypass the snow this christmas. So all in all, I love my family and this break really was a break, which I needed so very much. Let's make another holiday for next weekend, yeah?


0 Responses to “”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • Homebase Madison, Wisconsin
  • I was raised in Alaska, am the shortest person in my family, and I can wiggle my ears.
  • My profile
    This plugin requires Adobe Flash 9.

Archives