One Norwegian Alaskan in Madison.



Sea-town rocks my socks


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



I went running yesterday morning and discovered the most wonderful spot in Seattle.

I headed through the I-District on 12th, over the Rizal bridge, and up Beacon Hill through the woods to the I-90 trail. On my way back I stopped to fix my shoe half-way across the bridge and looked up. It was perfect.

In front of me all the skyscrapers downtown and buildings climbing up the hill were lined up in a row, with the freeway slicing through their midst. The sun shone off the barges in the bay and the Olympics were crystal clear. There were planes flying overhead, traffic flowing underfoot, and yet my place on the bridge was very peaceful. I was far enough from the forest of buildings to feel detached, but the city still surrounded me and felt like home. It was like getting a big hug from old friend. Everything was right with the world and my little pocket of inner peace seemed to have spread through the entire city for a moment.

Then a car whizzed by and blew my hair across my face, but I'm telling you, for a moment there I was floating.


0 Responses to “Sea-town rocks my socks”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • Homebase Madison, Wisconsin
  • I was raised in Alaska, am the shortest person in my family, and I can wiggle my ears.
  • My profile
    This plugin requires Adobe Flash 9.

Archives