One Norwegian Alaskan in Madison.




E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Hey, remember that DC concert I was so excited about all summer? So that went on the other night. Holy dear god...so good! Kinda odd for it to be in the Seahawks exhibition center, but it was beautiful. Brand New was really good live, but no one can top Sr. Carrabba, can they?

I went down with Sarah and Jenny, two of my favorite girls, and we had a blast getting bruises all over our arms and sides. Fer serious, I was plastered against various guys' backs (and others got to be plastered against me, too...sticky...) for the entirety of the first two sets and part of the third, until we escaped for a few minutes to get something to drink. There was no room to breathe, let alone move our arms.

Security kept on lifting kids up out of the crowd near the metal half-wall barrier when they panicked. Heh, and they were enjoying the hell out of "missing" when they held water bottles over the crowd to pour water into people's mouths. Silly guy...my chest can't drink the water you just doused it with...Sadly, we forgot our earplugs, but I'm doing ok with the hearing thing today. But why is everyone whispering?

DC played at least 10-15 songs before coming back on for another 5 song set, including "Teenage Dirtbag". Why did they play this? Still a mystery. But did we all know the words and sing along anyway? Hell yes.

We walked back through the I-District (kinda sketchy) and were only offered random items once, so not bad. And guess who went off and did O Chem when she got back. Me!

An awesome concert, and I think Brand New will be back in November. Bouncing Souls and Further Seems Forever are coming to Graceland (seperately) some time in November, as well, if I remember correctly, and those are pretty much all $10 shows. So guess who's not doing homework anymore?

Oh hey, Mom, I streaked my hair with bright red and it's not coming out for a while :-P Bye!


0 Responses to “”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • Homebase Madison, Wisconsin
  • I was raised in Alaska, am the shortest person in my family, and I can wiggle my ears.
  • My profile
    This plugin requires Adobe Flash 9.

Archives