One Norwegian Alaskan in Madison.



Heeyah! Take that, cis-1,2-dibromocyclopropane


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



I just finished the final for O Chem 1, and I feel like crap.  Not because of the test, but because of the lack of sleep and food that have built up to it.  But this cup-o-noodles is promising comfort and nourishment (it may be lying on one of those two accounts), so I'll be upped in no time. 
 
Sooo...the first half of summer school is done.  I feel like I missed something, like it was supposed to be more of a struggle and my days were supposed to be busier with ungodly amounts of studying.  Not that I'm complaining.  Nooo...not me
 
Before you throw that hamburger patty at me because you've taken O Chem too, and you know exactly what it's like, I didn't do as well as I could have.  I'll put it this way, though:  it's like that joke about hiking in the woods with a friend when you come across a bear - you don't have to outrun the bear...just outrun your friend.  And I outran all the crazy people who decided taking a 10 week O Chem course for the first time in just 4 weeks would be a sane thing to do. 
 
I just got back from the lovely reaming of Spyridis' final "exam" and want to fall over, but in anywhere from a few minutes to a few hours, I will be the proud owner of not one, but two new roommates!  The estrogen concentration in this house will double...and that doesn't factor in Roomie #3's mom, who's crashing here for the night before driving back down to Cali.  Roomie #4, or R4 as I've decided to call her, is coming south from Bellingham.  R3 and R4 have never met.  R4 has met both R2 (current roomie) and myself, but R3 has made phone contact with only me, and only once.  I found them on the net (I *heart* craigslist), and if my landwoman likes them I get to keep them! 
 
I'm going to become my mother and clean the apartment in anticipation...and because I have no life when I'm not being a student.  It's the weekend and the sun is all shiny, so maybe I could nip over to the beach while the girls are getting settled in, eh?  Or I could study.  Tovin said he'd be over sometime today (possibly due to the increase in girl density?) so maybe I could convince him to take me to the store if he's got transport.  And Dano will be over, no doubt, sometime tonight or tomorrow, though he may steal R2 away to Canadia for a few days.  If you'd like to come over too, we'll call it a party and grill something.  Oh yes, we now have a grill on the back porch.  Just come up the back steps.  ;)


1 Responses to “Heeyah! Take that, cis-1,2-dibromocyclopropane”

  1. Anonymous Anonymous 

    Sarita my love, I am so glad you are done with phase one. I didn't make it to seattle yesterday as planned with me padre :( I got really sick on the way and threw up and everything, yuck. I miss you though and must tell you my tales of hiking and poop spreading. Yes, poop spreading.-Rachel

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • Homebase Madison, Wisconsin
  • I was raised in Alaska, am the shortest person in my family, and I can wiggle my ears.
  • My profile
    This plugin requires Adobe Flash 9.

Archives