One Norwegian Alaskan in Madison.



Fun with French


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Alright, kids, it's been ages, but here's something to tide you over while I try to get my groove back (and do some homework). In prep for taking French with Maria Leon this fall, I've put together a little something I found a while back. I call it 'Fun with French'.


"You've got a face that would blow off manhole covers"
"T'as une tête a faire sauter les plaques d'egouts!"
(ta zoon tait a fair saw - teh leh plahk de - goo)

"What did your last slave die of?"
"De quoi est mort votre dernier esclave?"
(de kwa eh mor votr der - nee - er es - klahv)

"How much for the little girl?"
"Combien pour la fillette"
(com - byen poor la fill - et)

"I think this wine has been drunk before."
"Je pense que ce vin a déjà ete bu"
(zhe pens ke se vin a day - zha e - te bu)

"Do you have any French in you? Would you like some?"
"Vous avez des origines françaises? Pourquoi pas une descendance française?"
(voo za - vay deh zo - ri - zhin fran - say? poor kwu pah deh - sen - dans fran - say?)

"I have a frog in my bidet!"
"J'ai une grenouille dans mon bidet!"
(zhay en gre - noo - ee dan mon bee - day)

"I like Spain better"
"Je préfére l'Espagne"
(zhe pre - fer les - pan - ya)

Right, then, off I go.


2 Responses to “Fun with French”

  1. Anonymous Anonymous 

    ???????????????????????????????

  2. Anonymous Anonymous 

    Blogger sucks. Can't even fucking support Japanese....

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • Homebase Madison, Wisconsin
  • I was raised in Alaska, am the shortest person in my family, and I can wiggle my ears.
  • My profile
    This plugin requires Adobe Flash 9.

Archives