One Norwegian Alaskan in Madison.




E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Question: Is irony connected with iron, on some level of English?

Work started yesterday, and time went by so quickly :D. For the first part, at least. I took tickets for 5 hours at Red Gate and talked the entire time with another ticket seller from last year whom I love. She's about 50 and has a very nice way of manhandling the people coming through. I admire that.

About 50% of our customers have no idea what they're doing, 50% are irate at something involving the fair/life, and the third 50% (:P) are really nice, normal, concious human beings. If only they could have kids at twice the rate of the other 100% of the population.

I volunteered to take tickets at the concert last night to earn a little more money, and that triggered the rain to come on down :-/ I ended up standing there for 2.5 hours before the silly people realized they shouldn't buy tickets anymore, as the concert was almost over. The weirdest people come out of the woods for the fair...but I love the part where I earn money for sitting around talking to crazy people. It's the perfect people-watching job, too.


0 Responses to “”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • Homebase Madison, Wisconsin
  • I was raised in Alaska, am the shortest person in my family, and I can wiggle my ears.
  • My profile
    This plugin requires Adobe Flash 9.

Archives