One Norwegian Alaskan in Madison.




E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



I'm taking this personality test and they ask whether it is better to be just or merciful. And I'm not sure. So I went to the dictionary to start figuring out what I think is better.

Just: honorable and fair in one's dealings and actions; consistent with what is morally right; properly due or merited; valid within the law; suitable or proper in nature; fitting; based on fact or sound reason; well-founded...

Merciful: unwilling to give pain; compassionate; disposed to pity and spare offenders; unwilling to punish...

With that done it sounds like a choice of right vs. right, really. Hmm... Justice is important to uphold equality in a community; mercy seems like icing on the cake, in that it gives someone more than society thinks they deserve.

Anyway, I made my choice on the test and am forging on, but if you have any comments or arguments for one side or the other, let me know. ;-) I'm kinda curious what you think.


0 Responses to “”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • Homebase Madison, Wisconsin
  • I was raised in Alaska, am the shortest person in my family, and I can wiggle my ears.
  • My profile
    This plugin requires Adobe Flash 9.

Archives