One Norwegian Alaskan in Madison.




E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



I finished cleaning out the crapcar today! To backtrack, it's a nasty '82 Accord I got last summer (with dad's help) that came complete with rust, a floor full of cigarette butts, and a mini-bong in the side pocket. And a bad odor. And it cost $10.

It came from a Happy Hookers (towing company :P) impound auction...and as a gift they let me keep the broken-off spoon handle used as a key, since the outer part of the ignition lock lay on the passenger-side floorboard, as I later found out...anyway, after a new water pump, four brake shoes and calipers, and some new brake fluid, it came alive and I used it to work at the fair last summer. And then it sat...for nine months.

But I came back and it still works! Once I got out the febreeze and baby wipes (left over from my illegitimate child of uncertain ethnicity, patrick, since you ask :P) it's almost a normal car...if you can ignore that it has the body of an '82 Accord hatchback...so I can drive my little manual crapcar again, and Kat can learn how to handle a stick. :O She just has to remember to be gentle, and it will respond...


0 Responses to “”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • Homebase Madison, Wisconsin
  • I was raised in Alaska, am the shortest person in my family, and I can wiggle my ears.
  • My profile
    This plugin requires Adobe Flash 9.

Archives